Thursday, October 15, 2009

what the???????

by the number of hits, and responses on this site, looks like if your not an animal who cares

This was posted by wolfmtnlady on the Y-net forum in response to a news story about a 6 year old boy that floated away in a homemade balloon. Everybody thinks she is a jerk for bringing that up.

Sure we love our animals, I know I do. But there are people who do care. I still think its sad when children die so young because they never really got to experience life.

But she thinks that just because this did not happen to an animal, that no one on the Y-net forum cares. A wolf or bear dies in the park becomes a lead story on the forum. But a 6 year old kid apparently gets hurt or killed (he was found alive, hiding in the attic at his home), wolfmtnlady thinks people dont give a damn.

There are people on the forum who have kids of their own, and I am sure that they would think that if something like that happened to their kids, they would care. Believe me, if I had kids, I would think the same thing too. True, I may not go for these charities set up to help children, but that doesnt mean I dont like children. And I think that wolfmtnlady needs to fix that statement and think before she posts it.

I wanted to have kids when I was younger, but that feeling went out of me sometime ago. I was always afraid that I would not have a totally healthy kid, and the fact that my child could also inherit my problem as well, and I would not know how to handle it. Thats the thing with dogs, you dont have to worry too much, and it hardly cost anything to raise dogs.

Now, sometimes I do regret not bringing a child into this world, but I love my dogs, and thats good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, people who are so quick to judge others, they get theirs eventually.

    I wanted to have kids when I was younger too, but I don't anymore. I'd be too scared to bring up a child this day and age.

    ReplyDelete