Wednesday, December 16, 2009

sports fans

My friends on Facebook, well, thats a different story. They are also my Y-net buddies, although I havent seen one of them on the Y-net in a long time. I know that mtgirl is having a baby and we are all waiting for the day to come when it is finally born. She has got to take some pics of it.
And there is kalamitykatie...dont get me wrong, she is a very sweet person and I like having her as a friend on Facebook and Y-net. She knows what she is saying and she is very straightforward with her opinions. But lately, on Facebook, I have been responding to much less of her posts because she talks more these days about her Griz football games than anything I would be interested in. I try to be nice by pretending to be intersted...in a more humorous way. I have no problem with her being a sports fan if thats what she wants to be.
I do have to admit, some things about it is kind of cute; like that slogan that pops up all the time. I think it goes something like "Up with Montana boys, down with the foe! And the squeal of the pig will float in the air of the tummy of the grizzly bear!" The word pig is sometimes replaced with another animal or team name. At first, I thought Katie made it up. It would have to be the most creative thing she ever came up with. But every week this phrase gets posted on my wall.
And there was that time I think it was about a few weeks ago, Missoula played Bozeman, my future school, and I was kind of joking with Katie telling her that I think we are rivals. She really didnt say anything back but when I mentioned that it was just a game, well, she kind of rephrased my statement.

I dont hate it, I'm just not a sports fan. IMO, its just a game, although Katie thinks its the battle of the century. Most sports fans do believe that. I use to play baseball when I was a kid and I use to watch football games with my dad (I was a regular tomboy growing up). I just dont go for this competition thing. I would just play for the fun of it, not to beat someones brains out because my team is better.

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend on Facebook and she is a real sweet girl. She used to be an INXS fan, but she's not anymore. Now she likes Fall Out Boy and Marilyn Manson. I just don't say anything at all on her posts because I don't know the first thing about Fall Out Boy and I can't stand Marilyn Manson!! So my method is just to let her have her fun and not say anything at all if I haven't anything nice to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Fall Out Boy, I have a few of their songs myself. But Marilyn Manson, UGH! No way!! yuck city

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I can assure you that I am not meaning any harm by saying that about my friends. They have their fans I have mine. I just hope that Katie doesnt take it the wrong way because I dont want her to.
    Sports fan or not, I like her a lot.

    ReplyDelete